Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation seeks to help communities and enrich lives by combining the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service and leadership.
Through collaborative efforts of insurance companies, reinsurance companies, employees, agents & brokers, and strategic partners of the industry, the Foundation primarily supports programs that focus on health/safety and education.
|The Foundation's Value to Communities/Nonprofit Organizations |
- Volunteer and funding resources
- Personal engagement with professionals, executives, leaders, experts that can enhance what they do and how they do it.
- Increased awareness for what they do, who they serve and the causes they support.
- Networking with other members of the nonprofit industry.
|The Foundation's Value to the Insurance Industry/Companies |
- Access to Community Relations experts, strategies, and information to help develop and support effective corporate charitable giving efforts.
- Enhanced charitable giving efforts, administrative support, and outcomes by partnering with the Foundation to distribute all or a portion of corporate funding.
- Increased public awareness of charitable support and accomplishments driven by the insurance industry and its members. The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation serves as a credible third party to share your company's and the overall industry's "good news."
- Opportunities to learn more about and interact in communities where companies operate.
- Ability to provide community involvement and teambuilding activities for employees and their families, ultimately increasing employee morale, pride and loyalty.
|The Foundation's Value to the Individual Members of the Insurance Industry |
- Greater personal growth and fulfillment by helping others, helping to meet community needs, applying skills beyond the traditional work environment and pursuing new interests.
- Unique career and leadership/professional development experiences.
- Increased networking opportunities with industry colleagues.
- Opportunities to recommend Foundation funding for nonprofit organizations with which they are aware or affiliated in the local communities where they operate.
- Opportunities to build personal relationships with local charitable organizations.
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation provides support through nonprofit grants, volunteer opportunities and leadership. The future of the Foundation is centered on significant regional growth.
- The Foundation remains based in Walnut Creek, California - just outside of San Francisco, one of the nation's largest insurance hubs.
- To strengthen the Foundation's presence in California, we have added the Central Valley/Fresno region, increased efforts in Orange & Los Angeles Counties, and we continue to focus on San Diego and the Inland Empire .
- All of this is in preparation to expand from a State to a National organization with the launch of the Foundation's New York Division in 2006.
- A handful of representatives from the New York and California Operating Boards will be selected to form a National Board focused on setting policy and growing the Foundation endowment.
- All community support will continue to be directed at the local regional levels.
- Future regional expansion includes Chicago and the Southern U.S.
|Special-focus Regional Programs Include: |
Child Abuse Prevention Program (CAPP)
Serving Contra Costa and Alameda Counties in Northern California
The focus and purpose of CAPP is the development of a united effort of the insurance industry to increase the awareness and prevention of child abuse and neglect. CAPP seeks funding and volunteers to support programs, emergency care and other assistance to all at risk children. The Committee's short-term goal is to significantly reduce the number of reported child abuse cases, with a long-term goal to eliminate child abuse and neglect in society.
Insuring the Children Program (ITC)
Serving Orange County in Southern California
Similar to CAPP, Insuring the Children is dedicated to raising awareness of child abuse and neglect in the Southern California region. The program is a partnership of individuals and companies in the life, health, title and property/casualty insurance industry and those associated with the industry. Efforts support prevention programs, emergency care and other assistance to all children in the local community.